Friday, June 15, 2007

I just blew a kiss to God...

Who knew something so sweet and innocent could have such an effect one me? Let me start by saying that every morning, when I drop him off at school Korey gets out of the car and blows me a kiss. He hasn't always done this. As a matter of fact until December he was walked into YMCA daycare on site at the school. I didn't even get to take him to school everyday. Somedays his dad would take him. For months I would go 3 or 4 days a week without seeing him. It seems so far in the past now that I sometimes forget how blessed my life has become. I digress...

The first blown kiss was in late January. We had our normal drive to school. We listen to Scott and Sam on KCMS and sing along with whatever is playing. We listen to the Ah-Um game and after that we turn off the radio and pray. This usually happens somewhere during the congestion in downtown Everett when I definatley need prayer the most. This particular morning was foggy and gloomy (remember January? I am surprised it wasnt' snowing.) However, we went around the big corner southbound I5 between the 41st Street exit and the Boeing Freeway and the sun broke out of the clouds and it turned into a beautiful day. The sun isn't what made it so beautiful.

We pulled into the parking lot at Korey's school and pulled up to the curb. He leaned forward and gave me a kiss and an "I love you, Mom" and hopped out of the car. After about to little skips toward the school he turned and blew me a kiss. That small gesture stayed with me all day. It kept a silly smile on my face until I was able to see him again at 2:30. Such a sweet thing, for him to blow me a kiss as a reminder of how much he loves me. Of course, I told him how special it was when I picked him and it intstantly became routine. Every morning he hops out of the car, takes two steps and turns and blows me a kiss.

Imagine my delight this afternoon when we were laying on my towel after an afternoon on the Slip N' Slide. (Only Korey, I kept myself safely in my lawn chair, yearning to run and slide, but imagining the iminent body cast that would follow.) Korey was looking up at the clouds chattering on and on about what he sees in the clouds, when he says, "Mom, guess what? I just blew a kiss to God. Do you think He got it yet or is it bouncing around His palace trying to find Him?" I assured him, that God was watching and the kiss arrived safely. Matter of factly he replies with, "No, Mom, one of His angels just delivered it to Him. Look he wrote I love you in the clouds to me." I looked up, and sure enough, right above us was a cloud formation that looked like loopy cursive handwriting.

We tell Him we love Him everyday, but how often do we stop to blow kisses? How will He respond to me if I take the time to blow Him a kiss? I know how much it means to me when my son does it, imagine how much it means to Him? He wrote "I love you" in the clouds for Korey. What will he say to me?

2 comments:

Kim said...

This post still puts a smile on my face. :) Love it!

mary said...

I understand. I have often blown kisses to God, even though I am grown!